Risotto Ingredients - part 1
– Avocado or grapeseed oil – Shallot – Garlic – Coarse Kosher salt – Fresh ground black pepper
Risotto Ingredients -Part 2
– Reduced-sodium vegetable broth -– Arborio rice or other short grain rice
Risotto Ingredients -Part 3
– Mushrooms (gourmet blend) – Pumpkin puree – Water – Dry white wine – Fresh grated Parmesan cheese – Unsalted butter – Fresh spinach – Chopped fresh sage – Lemon zest
Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto instructions
– Preheat the oven to 400°F. – Cook garlic and shallots, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes, or until transparent. – Add the rice to the dutch oven. Stir in vegetable broth, cover tightly and place in the oven. Bake until rice is tender and cooked through, about 65-70 minutes.
Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto Instructions
– While rice is cooking, prepare the mushrooms. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes. or until mushrooms are browned and tender.. Remove from the heat and set aside until the rice is cooked.
PUMPKIN AND MUSHROOM RISOTTO INSTRUCTIONS
– Remove the pot of rice from the oven. Add pumpkin puree, water, wine, parmesan cheese, butter, sage, and lemon zest. Stir vigorously for 1-2 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Gently fold in the spinach until mixed.
– Divide risotto among 4-6 wide and shallow bowls. Top with mushrooms and more parmesan cheese and sage, if desired.