Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
Creamy, simple, and delicious, this side dish is the perfect addition to your holiday table.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons coarse Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
Bring vegetable broth, milk, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and butter to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in polenta, and reduce heat to low. Stirring often. Let cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, and the polenta is tender and creamy, but not dry.
Remove polenta from the heat, and stir in the goat cheese until melted. Serve right away or let cool, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- If you are making the polenta ahead of time, you will need to add about ½ cup of milk, water, or vegetable broth to the polenta when you reheat it.
- The polenta can be placed in a saucepan over low heat. Add the ½ cup of liquid of your choice to the pan with polenta, and stir with a rubber spatula, until heated through.
- To reheat the polenta in the microwave, place the ½ cup of your choice of liquid to the microwave safe bowl or container along with the polenta, and reheat for one minute. Stir together, and reheat for 30-60 seconds at a time, stirring between each reheating cycle to ensure the liquid is evenly mixed and the polenta does not become tough or clumpy.