Pumpkin Cranberry Energy Bites
These energy bites make the perfect fall snack! Make them ahead for easy, on-the-go options during busy weeks.
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 10 pitted dates
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch kosher salt
- ¾ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
In the bowl of a food processor, add cashews, oats, and dates. Pulse 10-12 times, or until mixture becomes roughly chopped. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until cranberries and pumpkin seeds are chopped and mixture is well combined.
Remove from the food processor, and let sit for about 1 hour. Once the mixture has had time to rest, scoop into 1-1 ½ tablespoon sized balls, and roll until smooth. Place on a sheet pan and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- These energy bites are best once they have had time to rest. This rest period allows the seeds, nuts, and oats to soak up any excess moisture, which allows them to become softer.
- Puree the mixture JUST until the ingredients are all chopped and blended. Pureeing until smooth could cause the mixture to become too wet.
- Be sure to store these energy bites in the refrigerator. Storing them at room temperature could cause them to spoil.