When you drink coffee with this delicious Pumpkin Sauce, think Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte without all the extra stuff. Plus, this Pumpkin Sauce for Coffee will save your bank account, too! Use this sauce in your coffee, or pour it over your favorite pumpkin pancakes - no matter what, you can't go wrong!
This pumpkin sauce is the perfect addition to any coffee drinker's morning routine. It comes together in minutes, and it is so yummy.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Super easy! Fifteen minutes is all you need to make this yummy sauce, and it will elevate your coffee all week long!
- Can be made ahead and frozen. That's right. This pumpkin sauce is not only one of the easiest recipes you'll make this fall, but you can double or even triple the recipe, and store any extra in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- Makes a great gift during the holidays! Do you have teachers and neighbors to shop for this holiday season? You could easily bottle this sauce in a cute mason jar with some festive ribbon along with a recipe tag. Holidays are a breeze!
Tools You'll Need
- Small saucepan
- Dry measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Can opener
- Measuring spoons
This recipe takes only 6 ingredients! All you need is granulated sugar, water, pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed oat milk, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt.
- Sweetened condensed oat milk - Dairy free options for sweetened condensed milk can be a bit challenging to find in regular grocery stores. I ordered sweetened condensed oat milk, but you can substitute regular sweetened condensed milk if you do not need to be dairy free. Sweetened condensed coconut milk is another option.
- Pumpkin pie spice - I keep pumpkin pie spice on hand, but there are a lot of recipes out there to make your own if you have the time or if you run out. I like this recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Sauce for Coffee
- Start the pumpkin sauce for coffee by adding all ingredients to a small saucepan. Whisk all the ingredients together over low heat, and let the mixture come to a simmer. Once the mixture is simmering, let cook for about 5 more minutes, whisking often, until the mixture has thickened.
- Once the pumpkin sauce is well mixed and thickened, remove from the heat. Place the saucepan on a wire cooling rack, and allow the mixture to cool slightly. If using right away, pour 1-2 tablespoons into your coffee, and whisk together until combined. You can also add a splash of milk or almond milk if you want.
Prep Ahead Options
- This pumpkin sauce for coffee comes together so quickly that there is no need to make ahead. If you are meal prepping over the weekend, you can make it and keep it in the refrigerator for the entire week.
- This pumpkin sauce freezes very well. It could be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving Suggestions for Pumpkin Sauce for Coffee
This sauce is best served with a fresh cup of coffee and a splash of almond milk. However, it is also very yummy on your favorite pancakes, or even on ice cream. Add this pumpkin sauce to your coffee and enjoy with some my delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies, Apple Cider Donuts, or Gluten Free Gingerbread Bundt Cake!
Yes! This recipe has been tested with regular sweetened condensed milk as well as sweetened condensed oat milk. It could also be made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, which is fairly widely available. If you would like to make it with sweetened condensed almond milk, you may have to make your own!
Yes, this sauce contains pumpkin puree and sweetened condensed oat milk, which both need to be refrigerated once opened.
Technically, this sauce could simply be whisked together, and then served. However, the ingredients and flavors meld together much better if this is cooked according to the instructions.
Tips and Tricks for Success
- While cooking, whisk the mixture often. This mixture could burn pretty easily if it is left to sit on the stove while cooking. It is best to keep the mixture moving.
- Make this sauce while you meal prep! This sauce is so easy, and the perfect thing to keep on hand to elevate your morning coffee.
More Fall Recipes You'll Enjoy
Pumpkin Sauce for Coffee
- 1 ⅓ cups pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can sweetened condensed oat milk (can use regular sweetened condensed milk)
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together until well combined. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer, and whisking often, let simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until it has slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool. If using immediately, place the desired amount in the bottom of the mug. Add your favorite milk, and top with coffee. Either whisk to combine, or use a frother to combine.
- If using at a later date, allow to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.