Who loves a make ahead breakfast that is both nutritious and delicious! I know I sure do! This recipe is seriously so fast to put together and so so so yummy.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- Real maple syrup
- Rolled oats
- Almond butter
- Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Some things to note:
- If you don’t want to do dairy, substitute out for your favorite non-dairy yogurt for the Greek yogurt, or just increase your non-dairy milk by about ¼ cup.
- You really need to use the real deal when it comes to maple syrup. I know there are SO many options that are much more cost effective, but those extra pennies in your pocket are for good reason. They are simply corn syrup with a bit of maple flavoring and food coloring…gross.
- If you can’t find nectarines, you can always substitute peaches or plums. You could even use apples, but they will need to cook just a bit longer.
- If you don’t care for almonds, no biggie! You can either leave the almond butter out altogether, or substitute your favorite nut butter. I do not recommend peanut butter, because the flavor is just too strong along with all the other ingredients in this recipe.
- If you don’t care for pecans, also no biggie! Just add your favorite nuts, or leave nuts off altogether. I think walnuts would be delish in this recipe, too!
All you have to do for this recipe is literally stir everything together. The longest part is cutting up the fruit, and that only takes a few minutes! Some people like their overnight oats cold, and if I don’t have a place to heat mine up, that is fine. BUT, I do like to heat them up for a couple minutes, if possible.
You cannot beat the flavors of maple syrup, pecans and nectarines together! I hope you enjoy, and I would love to know what you think over on Instagram @sugarandsalt_co!